Increase revenue and profitability by managing your route schedules, service loads, fares, classes, seats allocations, and more.
GO7 PSS enables you to efficiently oversee route services, service loads, fares, classes, and seat allocations. Our set-up options are flexible, so you can maximise your income and increase your revenue.
With GO7 PSS, you can open route series with various service type options, including point-to-point flights, Via routes, Multiple-leg services, and Circular and Triangle routes. You can select the service load operation days, define service rules, and open multiple nesting classes across different cabin classes.
GO7 PSS offers a wide array of revenue management tools and functionalities, empowering you to:
- Manage fares by a class of operation
- Enable distribution options
- Periods of sales – offer to sell a specific rate of a particular set of dates
- Show/expiry before the flight – set the show/expiry hours before the service and set the fare to show/expire according to the flight date
- Minimum / maximum stay fares limit the fare to the minimum and maximum stay period (amount of days between outbound and inbound service in the round trip) and make your revenue management even more flexible.
- Open different types of fares to a student, resident, diplomats, etc. with a discounted price.
The currency used in GO7 PSS will match your country’s currency. You can set fares in your local currency and manually or automatically update the exchange rate as needed. This ensures that fares are automatically converted to the appropriate currency for other distribution channels.
The classes of sales in GO7 PSS offer a highly flexible solution, accommodating as many classes as needed by your operating model:
The range of class features includes:
- Show classes to agents or users on the website or within the system.
- Priority pricing: set the priority of selling for seats on the website – you can set the first number of seats to sell at a specific price on the site and adjust their price when the first batch is finished.
- Each class can have its four-period cancellation policy for ticketed (invoiced) bookings, with varying rules based on the time before the service.
- A class can be set with a 4-dimensional amendment policy considering different periods before the service.
- Classes are set with a different ticketing time limit, ensuring the system applies the earliest TTL for a PNR with a combination of classes.